We are trying to settle into our Thai lives. Yesterday, after some much needed rest, we went for breakfast. It was absolutely delicious, fresh, and WAY too much food. However, I had a cappuccino and escaped in a moment of bliss. Ahh. :)
This is the garden entrance to the restaurant.
Something to know about Thailand is that in this culture, the people are typically a mix of Animist and Buddhist. So in every home, workplace, or other establishment is a spirit house. This is the spirit house from the restaurant:
The spirit houses are where one places food offerings every morning - from one's own meal - and incense and charms periodically - like flowers, gold, money, or other worshipful decorations. These offerings and charms are both to keep the good spirits happy and the bad spirits away.
We also had the opportunity to visit a temple that is important for us here in Thailand. It was a very powerful experience, one that I do not wish to explain in detail here. However, we also met a little friend! I apologize that I do not know her name, there is a slight language barrier. ;)
We've also seen our schedule for the month and it is SUPER full, so please be thinking of us in everything that we will be doing!
Sawatdee kha Ronald!!!

Two very Beautiful young ladies with their new little friend and with their old friend Ronald!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!! I am thinking of you in all that you are doing and your very busy schedule.
Love you and your way with words that put us right there. Hoping you have a wonderful time, a wonderful experience, wonderful memories and wonderful friendships for a lifetime! Love Dad
ReplyDeleteTara!!! I may or may not be super duper jealous of you right now. Also, if that is the Ronald McDonald where the night market is in Chiang Mai, tell him hi for me as we are old friends. I love you and am soooo stinkin excited to see all the ways that God is going to work in your life and the lives of those you come in contact with on this most amazing journey! PS You should drink like fifty thai milk teas, preferably with bobas, for me.
ReplyDeleteHey Tara! This is so exciting, thanks for sharing your journey with us. Can't wait to read and see more. Y'all are so cute :) hoping alongside... ashley
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete