Blog Archive

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Elephants!! On My Birthday!!!

For those of you who may not have had the pleasure of knowing me as a child, let me enlighten you:

You know in kindergarten or first grade when you had show and tell, and inevitably one of those days was the "When I grow up" day.  On that day each adorable child either dresses up or brings in items for their future occupation.  Most children want to be a vet, a doctor, teacher, firefighter, police officer, or some sort of valiant yet acceptable member of society.  Every once in a while you get that quirky creative kid who says they want to be a cat, kudos to them!! They've got it right; a life full of naps, baths, and being adorable!  Of course!!  But not me, oh no.  I fell in neither category.  You see, growing up I wanted to be an elephant stander.

You may be thinking, "Tara, what on earth is an elephant stander!?!"  Well, I'll tell ya.  An elephant stander is that outrageously gorgeous lady at the circus who not only gets to dress up in feathers and sequins and do cool tricks with an elephant, but they are indeed best friends with an elephant or two.  What job could possibly be cooler?  I'll let you be the judge of that.


However, this year on my 24th birthday, I was able to be an elephant stander.  Okay, okay!  Maybe I just rode an elephant and got picked up by elephant trunks.  But, let me tell you something: for me it was like Disney - my wildest dreams came true!

So, remember, even if your dreams are far fetched and irrational... That's ok.  Be a dreamer.  From one elephant stander to another - God uses all of us. :)


1 comment:

  1. Words cannot express how thrilled I am that you got to fulfill your childhood dream on your 24th birthday! He remembered your dream and you got to experience it in such an awesome way!
    Keep dreaming Princess!
    I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete